US Digital is committed to environmental stewardship. We believe in practicing sustainability by reducing, reusing, and recycling. To support and encourage sustainability in our workplace, here are just some of the green practices we have put into place at US Digital:
- US Digital is a participant in the Clark County Green Lights renewable power program. Green Lights is a local program that directly supports solar and wind power within the Pacific Northwest. By being a participant at the 25% level, we see a monthly environmental impact of 268,800 pounds of carbon dioxide not created; 288,000 miles a car is not driven; 53 acres of trees planted.*
- 96% of our staff works a 4-day workweek. Reducing the workweek by 20% not only encourages family time but reduces fuel consumption and carbon output.
- Smart packaging program. We strive to eliminate as much waste as possible in our packaging and use recycled materials to lower the environmental impact. Bulk packaging allows fewer bags and packing material for each shipment.
- Environmentally friendly products. We use biodegradable cleaning agents and washable products to reduce the use of disposable items.
- We provide healthy snacks at no cost to our employees. All fruits and vegetables come from local organic sources; our coffee is also organic, and Fair-Trade certified.
- We participate in a recycling program for all paper, cardboard, plastic, and scrap metals.
- US Digital is committed to continuing to practice environmental responsibility. God has called every one of us to be good stewards of the environment. We work together to make the world a better place.
*Green lights participation estimates calculated from last 12 months of account history with Clark County PUD, Vancouver, Washington. For more information on the renewable resources supported by the Green Lights program, visit Clark County's Green Lights page.