Our mission is to make our customers successful by inventing, manufacturing, and quickly delivering the most practical motion control components worldwide.
US Digital began in 1980 in Los Alamitos, California, when founder David Madore could not find an encoder that would meet his design criteria. As a design engineer for a medical ultrasound company, he became aware of the obvious need for optical encoders that were practical, simple, reliable, and available off-the-shelf. US Digital created its first incremental encoder and revolutionized the motion control industry with its user-friendliness and pricing. Today's US Digital products are based on these founding principles.
Our organization is founded on the principles outlined in God’s Word, which results in high employee retention, increased customer loyalty, and steadfast growth:
- Integrity is our guiding principle.
- Customer satisfaction takes precedence over profits.
- We have thoughtfully developed an exciting environment for our employees.
- We take great care of our suppliers.
- We have a relentless drive to solve customer problems.
- We challenge ourselves to be practical in all aspects of the business.
- We engineer our products for durability and repeatability.
- We set our pricing to be fair and reasonable.
- We deliver our products and services to customers on their timeline.
- We embrace change as the means to improve and grow continuously.
- We strive to make it easy for people to do business with us.
- We are on a life-long journey of learning.
Why We Do What We Do
God providentially provides us with talents, abilities, and opportunities to fulfill a purpose, meet needs, and solve problems in the world around us. Our responsibility is to diligently develop these talents into productive skills and assemble resources to produce the most fruitful application of these into practical solutions. Through good stewardship, we work to make the world a better place.
US Digital Outreach Center
The US Digital facility houses the US Digital Outreach Center, providing a 17,000 square foot building space to over 40 local, faith-based ministries. Through the support of US Digital, the Outreach Center offers a productive, working environment for these non-profit organizations to impact communities worldwide.