SEI Explorer software for SEI devices: A2, A2K, A2T and HD25A.
US Digital Device Explorer
This download includes the US Digital Device Explorer which utilizes the .Net US Digital Device Library to scan for US Digital devices and display device specific configuration and status panels. US Digital devices are added to and removed from the US Digital Device Explorer by listening to plug-and-play events.
The US Digital Device Library provides a framework to communicate with both A2 and QSB devices.
NOTE: The latest release of the US Digital Device Explorer setup now includes the latest release of the FTDI drivers (22.214.171.124).
The following items are also included in the download:
- USDDeviceExplorer.exe: The US Digital Device Explorer Application version 126.96.36.199.
- Documentation includes: QSB Application Examples.pdf, QSB Commands List.pdf, USDigitalLibraryHelp.chm, SEI Absolute Encoder Communication Protocol.pdf, SEILibraryHelp.chm
- A2HelloWorldVB2010 - This demo provides a simple VB2010 form application that demonstrates how to open a single A2 device object and listen to count change events. The demo allows the user to select a COM port and address, connect or disconnect, and reset encoder count.
- A2Read - The A2Read example is a CSharp command line example that displays one or more A2 encoder counts depending on the device addresses supplied as command line parameters.
- A2ReadMultipleVB2010 - This demo provides the ability to view multiple A2 devices, enter a description and scale factor for each device, and log sample data to a file.
- A2SimpleConnect - CSharp form example that displays a list of available COM ports. Allows a user to select a COM port and connect to an A2 device. Displays product and version information along with the current encoder count.
- QSBCommandDemo - simple vb.net example that allows a user to connect to a device and issue read or write commands and view the response.
- QSB VB6 Demo - VB6 demo illustrates how to configure and display counter for an encoder.
- QSBCaptureMaxCount - C# demo that displays the number of counts between index. This demo can be used to verify the counts per revolution (CPR) of an encoder.
- QSBCommandLine - a C# commandline demo that displays the current count upon startup. When bit 2 transitions from low to high the counter value will be captured and displayed.
- QSBCPPDemo - simple C++ console application that a connects to a device and reads and displays the QSB counter value. The COMx port must be passed in as a command line parameter.
- QSBDisplayCountVBdotNet - VB.Net form example that displays a single dial showing the encoder count. Uses the DeviceManger to automatically find that attached device.
- QSBExcel - This demo utilizes VBA and the QSBUser.dll to connect and read a QSB device from a macro enabled Microsoft Excel file.
- QSBHelloWorld - C# command line example that displays the encoder count. Uses the DeviceManger to automatically find that attached device.
- QSBMeasureTheDistance - C# example that reads encoder counts and translates count to a distance in feet.
- QSBReadMultipleVB2010 - VB.Net example that captures the encoder count values from multiple QSB devices and logs the collected samples to a file.
- QSBSampleCSharp - C# form example that displays a single dial showing the encoder count. Uses the DeviceManger to automatically find that attached device.
- QSBSampleVBdotNet - VB.Net form example that displays a single dial showing the encoder count. Uses the DeviceManger to automatically find that attached device.
- QSBSaveCountExcel - C# demo that displays the count for multiple QSB devices and has the ability to log samples to an MS Excel spreadsheet.
- QSBSimpleConnect - C# form example that displays a list of available COM ports. Allows a user to select a COM port and connect to a QSB device. Displays product and version information and displays the encoder count.
- QSBVelocityAndAcceleration - C# example that reads encoder counts and calculates speed and velocity.
Note: On Windows 7 PCs, the first time an QSB or SEI device is plugged in, the Device Explorer should be run as administrator in order to allow the COM port's Latency Timer to be reconfigured to run at optimum speed. Right-click on USD Device Explorer shortcut and select "Run as administrator".
Download , Windows Vista | 7 | 8 (32 & 64 bit) Version 1.51.0 08/15/2016
SEI Explorer Installer
SEI Explorer is a Visual Basic program that can interact with of a variety of SEI devices: A2/HD25A absolute encoders, ED2 legacy encoder displays, and AD5 legacy incremental encoder interfaces. The program allows you to display and optionally log the positions of encoders, and it allows you to modify the parameters of the devices connected to it. The SEI Explorer installer will install the SEI Explorer application, SEI Explorer source code, supporting DLL files, C++ development files (SEIDrv32.h and SEIDrv32.lib), supporting DLL source code, SEI-USB drivers, and Visual Basic source code examples. SEI Explorer differs from the US Digital Device Explorer in a couple of ways: SEI Explorer is built using older, slower source code technology (VB6 versus .NET for Device Explorer), SEI Explorer is able to resolve conflicting SEI addresses automatically, and SEI Explorer includes support for older, obsolete products (like the AD5) that Device Explorer does not support.
Download , Windows Vista | 7 | 8 (32 & 64 bit) Version 188.8.131.52 10/31/2013
To facilitate the process of integrating Dynamic Link Libraries (DLLs) of US Digital's Serial Encoder Interface (SEI) into LabVIEW 6.1 programs or Virtual Instruments (VIs), selected functions in SEIDrv32.DLL have been provided with their corresponding VIs. A demo VI is also provided. The demo VI allows users to read encoder counts from the A2, A2T, ED2, AD5 or HD25A attached to the SEI bus of the AD2-B.
Download , Windows Vista | 7 | 8 (32 & 64 bit) Version 184.108.40.206
x64 USDigital .Net Library
This download contains the 64 bit libraries that were compiled using x64 setting using .Net 4.0.
USDigital.dll version 220.127.116.11
USDQSB.dll version 18.104.22.168
USDSEI.dll version 22.214.171.124
AGauge.dll version 126.96.36.199
Download , Windows 7 | 8 (64 bit) Version 188.8.131.52 05/11/2015